12/11/2010

11 Things




Reverb10 – December 11 – 11 Things
Prompt: What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


I could write for hours about this topic. I'm grateful that it has given me so much to think about, but I'll spare you most of my mind's raw meanderings. I have a Santa-sized list of things I plan to purge during the coming year. Those extra things that fill my shelves, drawers and closets are easy to box up and carry away. It is the other things I drag around with me that will take daily intentionality to put down.  Each of these distracts from the moments that I inhabit:


Pain, Doubt, Regret


Procrastination, Clutter


Anger, Worry, Complaints


Masks, Blocks


Avoidance

One of the most important and painful lessons I've learned this year is the uncertainty of life. I have decided to make the most of my minutes. I want to fill my life and, whenever possible, the lives of others with:

Joy, Action, Adventure


Change, Color


Art, Service, Learning


Hugs, Laughter


Connection

These are the things I want to see when I look back at my days, my year, my life. The others will have to join my old books and ill-fitting clothing in the boxes because they are no longer welcomed here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment