12/15/2010

5 minutes

 Reverb10 -- December 15 -- 5 minutes
Prompt: Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. 
Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things
you most want to remember about 2010.
(Author: Patti Digh)



During my 5 minutes, these were the scenes that flashed into my mind:
  • the sight of children diving to catch falling leaves
  • the first bite of my made from scratch pumpkin pie
  • reading a book so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes
  • being warmed by the breath of the small child sleeping on my shoulder
  • laughing until tears poured down my cheeks
  • holding hands with my love during the night
  • dipping a brush into paint and then dragging it across canvas for the first time
  • going for walks with children and seeing their discoveries
  • the heart stressing thrill of a Falcon's 4th quarter game winning drive
  • watching the last moment's of Bobby Cox's managerial career
  • playing with water colors
  • my niece's 8th grade graduation
  • getting to know new friends
  • kisses from my hungry cat in the early hours of the morning
  • sips of warm coffee on icy mornings
  • the vibrant colors of the sunrises and sunsets
  • the flavors of lemongrass, cilantro and coconut
  • the look on my vegan love's face when she realized she was drinking not coconut milk but condensed milk~ our kind server had a beautifully thick accent

No comments:

Post a Comment